2021 Year 6 Canberra Camp
As part of their Civics and Citizenship studies, our 2021 Year 6 students are intending to experience Canberra as their annual camp. We understand that Canberra Camp is a big commitment and we wanted to provide this information to families to allow adequate time to plan for the associated costs and as something exciting for our 2021 Year 6 students to look forward to.
This Camp is scheduled to take place at the end of the year. This will allow for payment instalments to be spread across the year to ease the financial burden on families.
By visiting Canberra students build a deeper understanding of how we’re governed and our Australian identity, fostering a sense of national pride. Participating in a wide range of programs in Canberra immerses students into Australia’s democratic heritage and traditions, its political and legal institutions and the shared values of freedom, tolerance, respect, responsibility and inclusion. This will be a fantastic opportunity for our students.
Camp information TBC
Date: 29 November- 3 December
Duration: 5 Days- Monday to Friday
Accommodation: Greenhills Centre
Meals: Day 1 – dinner, supper. Bring morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea from home
Days 2 to 4 – breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper
Day 5 – breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea.
ACTIVITIES Subject to availability and enough time.
- Parliament House
- Tours of Senate & House of Reps Parliamentary
- Education Office
- Hospitality – meet your Local Member (if available)
- Australian War Memorial
- Orientation & self-guide galleries
- Discovery Zone
- Last Post Closing Ceremony (if available)
- Museum of Australian Democracy – “Who’s the Boss?” program
- National Electoral Education Centre – “House of Representatives” program
- Questacon – self guided visit (day)
- National Capital Exhibition – “The Story of Canberra” program
- National Gallery of Australia – guided tour
- National Museum of Australia – ‘Meet the People’ (1hr program)
- Royal Australian Mint – guided tour
- National Arboretum Canberra – guided coach tour and free time to play in the pod playground
- Government House – guided tour
- Driving tour of the Embassy & Lodge district
- Mount Ainslie Lookout
- Australian Institute of Sport – guided tour & Sportex (evening)
- Mount Stromlo Observatory – facilitated program (night)
Based on a minimum of 40 students attending the camp the approximate cost will be $670.00. This price may vary depending on numbers.
Refunds are available if the Camp is cancelled due to Covid-19 or not having enough numbers.
CSEF can be used towards Canberra Camp. If you receive CSEF and would like to know your balance or require further information on CSEF please contact the school office.
To secure your place and help with finalising numbers a deposit of $100.00 is required. This amount comes off the total cost.
- End of term 1- 1st April 21 $150.00
- End of term 2- 25th June 21 $150.00
- End of term 3- 17th Sept 21 $150.00
- Balance due week 5 term 4- 5th Nov 21 $120.00
Please contact the front office to make payment.
- If you require further financial support or would like to discuss an alternate payment plan arrangements please contact Natalie Galati on (03) 5992 9000